Monday, December 29, 2014

The Comfort Zone


The Comfort Zone
 
I used to have a comfort zone where I knew I couldn’t fail.
The same four walls of busy work were really more like jail.
 
I longed so much to do the things I’d never done before,
But I stayed inside my comfort zone and paced the same old floor.
 
I said ‘it didn’t matter’ that I wasn’t doing much.
I said I didn’t care for things like diamonds, furs and such.
 
I claimed to be so busy with the things inside my zone.
But deep inside I longed for something special of my own.
 
I couldn’t let my life go by, just watching others win.
So I held my breath and stepped outside to let the change begin.
 
I took a step and with new strength I’d never felt before
I kissed my comfort zone “goodbye” and closed and locked the door.
 
If you are in a comfort zone and afraid to venture out,
Remember that all winners too, were one time filled with doubt.
 
So take the step, get started, and then with joy you’ll shout:
“I’ve learned my lesson now – when in doubt I will reach out!
 
I’ll do the things I felt were hard, and make my dreams my own.
And never again will I be kept prisoner inside a comfort zone.”

No comments:

Post a Comment